Making great progress! The trip to Michigan was ok, but I (while developing in the emulator) had only been doing real GPS, not "Coarse" (e.g., cell phone tower triangulation, know wifi-location, etc) so it was only working outside with a clear view. Both Paul and I played, but it was limited
Last weekend I ripped apart the GPS code. Now doing whatever GPS the phone can get at any given time. Each activity that needed GPS was doing it's own GPS notification logic. Changed it so only the main activity is getting location, and the rest feed off of that.
Also got mapping working. Now that it's up, I realized I needed a screen to show all the USERS bomb, regardless of location (both in a list and on a map). Maybe show both current and exploded bombs. Good way to keep track of the mayhem you've been up to :)
Here's the change log for this version:
- GPS Fix - now doing both real GPS and triangulation
- GPS Overhead reduction (only one Activity does GPS)
- When app is hidden (not on top, or phone suspended), it won't ask for GPS updates (no battery burn)
- Defuse now will update list of near bombs screen, if a bomb is disarmed or it blows up.
- Stamina updated on Disarm screen
- Level screen now dialog (and only shows once)
- Increased size of + buttons on user screen (for leveling)
- Disarming now costs, in stamina, the level of the bomb
- Placing a bomb will give exp that is equal to the level of the bomb
- You must now be within 1000 meters to disarm a bomb
- If your level is below the bombs level, increased chance of the bomb randomly exploding
- Reduce chance of creating computer player (and placing a bomb) - was every time but now 1 in 10
- If a computer player is created, only ONE will spawn (and will place one bomb)
- On computer player spawn, will re-use any computer players around you.
- On Users screen, plus's bigger, with some space between them.
- Maps work!